Welcome to Clifton House, Isle of Wight
Built in 1860 for Dr William Hoffmeister, surgeon to the Royal Yacht Squadron and later, physician to Queen Victoria, Clifton House has a wonderful history. Today, Clifton House offers support and companionship to older people wanting to retain their independence and live among a social group of likeminded people.
Clifton House is made up of eight en-suite rooms with kitchenette facilities. All rooms are provided unfurnished allowing residents to bring their favourite possessions with them when they move in.
Completing our home is a communal dining room and garden.
We are very fortunate to be located in a prominent part of Cowes, close to the seafront and promenade.
This property is managed by The Abbeyfield Society trading as Abbeyfield Living Society.