Hours: 9:00 -2:00 Saturday and Sunday
The role of a Chef includes the following responsibilities:
- To develop healthy balanced menus taking into account dietary requirements and personal preferences.
- To order and track catering supplies.
- To manage cleaning procedures of kitchen and storage areas.
- To ensure all COSHH and food and safety regulations requirements are adhered to and recorded.
- To ensure all activities are kept within the catering budget.
- Order necessary ingredients in-line with the budget.
- Provide essential administration for colleagues to understand and follow
- The following are essential:
- A demonstrable ability to cook to a good standard.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people.
- To be able to read and write to a good standard.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people.
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times.
- Food Hygiene certificate.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the needs of older people, experience of working with the public and an ability to work on own initiative. It is essential that you are a competent cook and a Food Hygiene Certificate qualification would be desirable. But above all, you care as much as we do and you’re passionate about making all the difference for older people.
To you, it’s more than just a job. It’s a role where you happily go the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of older people. You'll have a belief in giving your personal best at all times.