Care Assistants x3, Victoria House, Kew
We are looking to recruit three Care Assistants for Victoria House in Kew, Richmond to help us provide excellent quality care for our group of older residents.
Location: Victoria House 2-4, Ennerdale Road, Kew, Richmond, TW9 3PG
Hours: Full time (Average 35 hours per week)
Salary: £10.55 per hour
A flexible approach is required to cover a 3 week rota working both early and late shifts and 2 out of 3 weekends.
We are looking to recruit 3 Care Workers who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for older people, either through previous roles in social care or in other roles.
The role of a Care Assistant involves creating an atmosphere that is warm and welcoming, ensuring that every resident enjoys life with us to the full. Promoting the physical, social, intellectual and emotional well-being of our residents, you will assist in maintaining their independence.
This role will include the following tasks:
• Assist, as required, with social functions at the home.
• Assist with administration of residents care plans.
• Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence
• Support and work closely with families and friends offering professional and emotional support sensitively.
• Be flexible with regards to working hours and attend training and development sessions as required.
The following are essential for the Care Worker roles:
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people
• To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
• Ability to understand and carryout instructions and tasks as required by the job role;
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
• Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times and have a respectful, courteous and compassionate nature
Ideally, you'll have some experience in a similar role within the care, health or social care setting, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field.
A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent is preferred, however training will be provided to achieve this if you don't have it.
To you, it’s more than just a job. It’s a role where you happily go the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of older people.
You'll have a belief in giving your personal best at all times.
What we’ll offer you in return
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Job Closing Date:
22 November 2019
Apply for the role of Care Assistants x3, Victoria House, Kew