Abbeyfield's hundreds of houses and care homes for older people across the UK all rely on teams of committed staff to support over 7,000 residents.
There are lots of ways to get involved, from part-time work to full-time careers.
Working at Abbeyfield
At Abbeyfield we want you not only to feel stimulated and challenged, but also to be rewarded for your hard work - and here's how:
- Competitive pay - We pay our directly employed staff the Living Wage and regularly check our salaries against other charities to make sure our pay is competitive.
- Holiday pay - Staff receive a minimum of 21 days holiday each year, plus bank/public holidays. This is calculated pro rata for part-time staff.
- Training and career development - We invest in your career. We encourage you to aim high and reach your full potential through training and development programmes, and regular evaluations.
- Pension - Abbeyfield operates a Pension Scheme which all staff are entitled to join to help save for their retirement.
- Care and Support - most of our staff work as care assistants, domestic support or managers. We tailor our services to meet the needs of individual residents, so your day-to-day work can vary enormously. The most important thing is that you're flexible and share our commitment to helping older people lead more fulfilling lives.